Welcome to Barnacre Self-Catering Holiday Cottages, Lancashire
Barnacre Cottages were the first 5 Stars, Gold Award winning, self-catering holiday cottages in Lancashire. Created from the old stone buildings of an 18th century farmhouse that had lain empty and neglected for many years, we spent two years converting these beautiful farm buildings into superb holiday cottages aspiring to the very highest standards of self-catering holiday accommodation. Since then, we have continued to improve and renew our properties so that we can offer our guests a true 5 Star self-catering experience. In particular, Woodpecker Cottage and The Old Stables have been extended to cater for large groups, suitable for family reunions and other special occasions.
Award-Winning Lancashire Holiday Cottages
- Five luxury 5 Star self-catering holiday cottages set in twelve-acres in the Forest of Bowland in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Lancashire. We are a small, private hamlet of five luxury 5 Star Gold holiday cottages, down a quiet country lane and up a long private driveway.
- Superb location near Blackpool and Lancaster in Lancashire and within easy travelling of the Yorkshire Dales, Cumbria and the Lake District.
- Our accommodation is close to Lancaster University and a number of schools, including Casterton, Rossall, Sedbergh, Stonyhurst and Lancaster Grammar.
- Accessibility assessed for disabled guests.
- Payment by credit / debit cards accepted.
- Lancashire and Blackpool Tourist Board Self Catering Holiday of the Year Highly Commended.
- Lancashire Excellence in Tourism Skills Finalist.
- Lancashire and Blackpool Tourism Self Catering Holiday of the Year Winner.
- National Excellence in England Self Catering Holiday of the Year Silver Award Winner.
- England's Northwest Tourism Gold Award Winner.
- Wyre Excellence in Tourism Award Winner.
Sue and Terry Sharples